UK Dietary Fat Intake
The average daily intake of fat in the
UK is 102g for men and 74g for women (which provides around 40% of the
food energy in the diet, and 38% of the total energy).
WEIGHT LOSS Facts About UK Dietary Fat Intake
- Sources of fat include butter, margarine,
oils and the fat in meat.
- Fat is also found in foods such as milk
and milk products, nuts, fatty fish, e.g. herring, mackerel and cakes
- About a quarter of all dietary fat is
obtained from meat and meat products.
- Further major contributions are from
cereal products, dairy products, butter, margarine and oils used to
- The remainder is obtained from foods
such as fish and eggs.
- Fat is a concentrated source of energy,
and foods that are high in fat provide a lot of energy.
- Too much energy in the diet leads to
becoming overweight and obesity because excess energy is stored as fat
in the body.
Source: British Food Standards
Healthy Diet and Weight Control
For fast, healthy weight loss, try the amazing Fbcx.ca Weight
Loss Diet Program. It's now FREE.
Return to Diet